Introducing Falco 0.36.2
Today we announce the release of Falco 0.36.2 🦅!
Falco's 0.36.2 release is a small patch addressing a few bugs. It includes the following:
- Fixed a possible segfault caused by uninitialized variable in libsinsp::next() method call. (https://github.com/falcosecurity/falco/issues/2878)
- Improved supported program type detection for modern BPF; this ensures we can actually be sure that our BPF program type is unsupported when returning an error to the user. (https://github.com/falcosecurity/libs/pull/1404)
- Fixed a subtle bug in
rawargfiltercheck for non-string types. (https://github.com/falcosecurity/libs/pull/1428)
- Fixed an uninitialized variable in the libscap bpf engine that lead to
stdingetting closed while Falco soft restarted. (https://github.com/falcosecurity/libs/issues/1448)
Thanks to everyone in the community for helping us in spotting these annoying bugs 🐛! You make Falco successful 🦅!
Thanks as always to the Falco maintainers for their support and effort during the entire release process.
Try it! 🏎️
As usual, in case you just want to try out the stable Falco 0.36.2, you can install its packages following the process outlined in the docs:
Prefer to use a container image? No problem at all! 🐳
You can read more about running Falco with Docker in the docs.
You can also find the Falcosecurity container images on the public AWS ECR gallery:
What next? 🔮
The community is active on many topics and we hope to deliver great features and many stability fixes once again during the next release cycle!
- The old
falco-driver-loaderscript is showing its age and it's time to work on a more maintainable solution.
falcoctlis a great candidate to host everything driver related, implement new features and make our lives easier when we need to install Falco drivers on a new machine.
- Our rule framework is brand new and we forsee many improvements and active development work on it.
- The latest Falco versions brought many improvements to the plugin framework; we wish to use those to create a more scalable Kubernetes client plugin that will be able to withstand much heavier loads and will be easier to maintain.
And many, many, more enhancements!
Let's meet 🤝
We meet every Wednesday in our community calls, if you want to know the latest and the greatest you should join us there!
If you have any questions:
Thanks to all the amazing contributors!